Ingredients for Nancy’s Alfredo Sauce
- Garlic, Fresh or Powdered
- White Pepper (optional)
- Onion Powder
- Parsley, Dried or Fresh (Use Sparingly)
- Table or Whipping Cream: 1 pint
- 1/2 n 1/2 One Quart
- Real Butter (do not use margarine) One to Four Sticks, depending on the size of the batch you are making.
- Parmesan Cheese (Fresh is better for you, but I also use powdered as well sometimes.)
- Italian Cheese Blend (Again, I do use powdered blends, but usually I try to go with fresh cheeses.
- Plant-based Protein Powder (This is optional, but if you are following the core program, you should really consider giving it a try, because it brings added value to your sauce and helps you to increase the protein gram count in the dish.)
- Water: You will add this last, just to thin the sauce down a little. Again, the amount of water used will depend on how large a batch you are making.
Alfredo Sauce Cooking Tips
Heat the ingredients slowly to avoid scorching, or burning the sauce.
Add spices a little at a time.
Stir frequently while heating, but stir constantly after the sauce gets hot and while adding water until it reaches the desired thickness.
How to Cook the Alfredo Sauce